Monday, June 7, 2010

Calmness before the storm!

Once again I have been very busy and my daily posts are actually more like monthly. I can't help but get a little distracted with all the stuff I am dealing with here. Summer school was originally supposed to start the first week in July or so, but someone made the decision to make the ending dates for most of the classes at the end of May and the beginning of June. They are stagared throughout, so no one really knows when summer school starts anymore, and the students are confused about when they actually need to come to school.

My Advanced English class will go unitl the final on the 24th of June, unless we move it sooner. Then I will be able to leave as I am not teaching summer school this year. Of course this has just caused a huge problem with pay that should not have happened as they knew that I would be leaving early ever since I resigned the contract for this year at the beginning of this school year. What is one supposed do with these people?

I am officially supposed to return next year, but with this new problem, in addition to the old ones and the not having an air ticket home yet, I am not sure that I want to come back. I have been looking at other jobs just in case. It is a very difficult step for me because I really like these students as well as the area and don't really want to leave. The administration/management are just making a decision to stay very difficult. Perhaps this is some sort of test that is preparing me for something else later in life, though I hate to imagine what that could possibly be.

All in all though, I am really pleased to say that I am feeling quite peaceful and relaxed about the whole situation at the moment. I have been very stressed over it, but for some reason, this morning I awoke and was able to say "no matter what happens, it will be good. I am ok!" It feels good to be able to do that once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment